Write to Dan

Mail can be sent to Dan at:

Lt Dan Berschinski
WRAMC
PO Box 4180
6900 Georgia Ave NW
Washington DC 20307

11/1/09

Related Articles

Yesterday the Times Online ran a story similar to the Washington Post article Dan appeared in that detailed the rise in wounded among British soldiers serving in Afghanistan: British Afghanistan Injury Toll Doubles in a Year.

Additionally, a reporter embedded on the 1-17 mission that killed seven of Dan's battalion-mates on 27 Oct gives a first-hand account of the attack: Simple Afghan Mission Turns Deadly for U.S. Soldiers.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the link to 'Simple Afghan Mission Turns Deadly for U.S. Soldiers'. One of the seven KIA during this mission was Sgt. Dale Griffin from Terre Haute, IN., my hometown. Dale was the soldier that President Obama greeted at Dover AFB as his flag draped coffin was returned to the US.
    Sgt. Dale Griffin was laid to rest yesterday, Veterans Day, after the annual Vets Day Parade was turned in to a Veterans Day Procession to honor Sgt. Griffin.
    I live near Woodstock, GA and have loosely followed Lt. Dan Berschinski's story...it wasn't until watching Dale's funeral (it was streamed live on the Internet) that I realized both Dale and Dan were in the same unit. I came back to this blog to confirm what I was thinking when I ran across this article.

    I wish Dan the best as he moves through the next phase of his life, and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    Brent Ellis
    1st Infantry Division, Desert Storm

    ReplyDelete